click me!

WE HAVE ARRIVED

Well, it has happened. velocache.net is now a fully operational battle station. Prepare yourselves.

Before I digress, which I am known to do, let me start off by giving some credit and handing out some thanks. This would not have happened without you all. You know who you are. Thank you. The new site would not be in existance without Buttars, if you run into him, give him a hug and buy him a beer. HUGE thank yous to the veterans out there who have kept this afloat in times of trouble and triumph...I have personal things to say to you that will have to wait until we have a face to face.

At the pokercache party on September 19 I would really like to take a bit of all of your time and preach a little about "the game". We'll see, I will probably just get drunk and cry a lot.

SO. Go to the site. Familiarize yourself. It is different than the one we play on now but can do all of the things we do now AND MUCH MUCH MORE. You will need to create an account. It is free and always will be for players. I realize some of you have already been in and have looked around but it is time for everyone to come on board. Texting from a phone to the site works. E-mailing too. There is a great forum feature that we can all cache ourselves in as well. This site is still in beta. It is not finished so now is the time to see if we can break it.

For now, play around. Posting "real" caches is not off limits but I think it might serve us better to get really comfortable with the new toy before we go "live". Post pictures of your cats and dogs. Go to the forum and talk about bikes. Have fun.

LOVE to you all. -A. Mortician

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

366




This pic says a lot!









29 comments:

  1. you are going to hate it when you find out how close you probably were to it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh heh heh....you and blackhappy got together to hide a hard one....heh heh heh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, it's probably time to get rid of the anonymous posting ability. From now on, anyone that wants to post will have go through a better filter. too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks velocache for the new rule- the hard one joke - bad form, go somewhere else and do that crap or make yourself known so we can get even

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bad! Posting from a work computer and didn't know I wasn't posting as my self.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I was going to do a HARD ON - I'd ask Vixen! And no you can't watch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! please allow this to be my official RSVP to our compatriot's invitation for "comebacks". My name is Mr. Remarkable. I live and move among you all, though few are able to detect my physical presence. I am as a vapour from the nether-mouth, a "hot ghost" if you will. I observe and record embellished facts into the wetworks of my brainium. I have such a tale that I belive may be a parallel reality to that of the cache "owner" known as "Wino". I too live with the distinct fear of the coarse and unruly hairs upon the loathsome beaver. Oh, that a creature who in my youth taught me the gentle love of all animals of the forest, both real and drawn from the imagination of skilled artisans could one day (in college) turn my trembling face in shame and fear. It was a warm spring eve on the campus of my university and I and my gentlemen friends were on the prowl for some nuttiness. A lady friend of one of the chaps I was dandying with joined us for a stroll near the ice cream parlour. Many sweets later our rambunctious band of merry lads had dwindled down to "Mary" and I alone. Still too tipsy on peppermints for slumber, we lay down in the grass of a public park, on a somewhat familiar hillock near to the men's lavatory, to gaze at the freckles of the night sky together. Suddenly this brazen vixen was upon my chest, stick-like fingers jabbing at my rib-bones, her face a gash of wicked delight as she cackled. My eyes were then scarred for all of eternities when she raised her bottom above my paled face and draped her dress over my head. There in the makeshift ringmasters tent I was face to face with the most ferocious beast imaginable. It's tail slapped the pool of sweat on my chest in warning. Dear heavenly biscuits! A beaver! I ran. I ran for hours. Back to the loving embrace of my step-father and his rough hands. Hands scarred from defending his own honor. Now would he defend mine? Oh! Wino, I know the fear of the creature of which you speak. Though we may never ever meet, we are the same. May you never see another beaver as long as you are human.

    ReplyDelete
  8. woah. Mr. Remarkable, my hat is tipped.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But I have to ask, Mr. Remarkable... what are you doing composing literature like that when you could be out velocaching? Get your head in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr Remarkable you keep your head right where its at, I do enjoy the read and keepem coming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn you Fran!! Ive been searchin all eefin day for this.Hint please....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fran, is this in somebody's yard or something??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nope it is not someone's yard... you probably help pay for it every couple of months... so in a sense its your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every couple of months? Damn your tantalizingly cryptic clues Blackhappy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe.... yep thats your clue... cryptic as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wait, does that mean that I specifically help pay for it, or just people in general?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are we gonna get another hint on this one? That beer's probably getting awful lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. water, sewer, trash.....that is every couple of months, right?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't post any more until blackhappy gets back - but I will go change out the beer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Captain Fran can't post any more because she can't find her own cache! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. No luck in my attempts. movin on

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I found a possibility. Checking after work....

    ReplyDelete
  23. wino, if you get it i'm kicking your ass! well probably not because i can't find the bastard anywhere. you actually should go get it so it will quit haunting me every time i log on. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  24. I tried 2 spots and got jack shit. I've got one more possibility, I guess I'll check it out later...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ha! i'm pretty sure i just figured it out. i'll go get it in the morning! i sure hope it is where i think!

    ReplyDelete