click me!

WE HAVE ARRIVED

Well, it has happened. velocache.net is now a fully operational battle station. Prepare yourselves.

Before I digress, which I am known to do, let me start off by giving some credit and handing out some thanks. This would not have happened without you all. You know who you are. Thank you. The new site would not be in existance without Buttars, if you run into him, give him a hug and buy him a beer. HUGE thank yous to the veterans out there who have kept this afloat in times of trouble and triumph...I have personal things to say to you that will have to wait until we have a face to face.

At the pokercache party on September 19 I would really like to take a bit of all of your time and preach a little about "the game". We'll see, I will probably just get drunk and cry a lot.

SO. Go to the site. Familiarize yourself. It is different than the one we play on now but can do all of the things we do now AND MUCH MUCH MORE. You will need to create an account. It is free and always will be for players. I realize some of you have already been in and have looked around but it is time for everyone to come on board. Texting from a phone to the site works. E-mailing too. There is a great forum feature that we can all cache ourselves in as well. This site is still in beta. It is not finished so now is the time to see if we can break it.

For now, play around. Posting "real" caches is not off limits but I think it might serve us better to get really comfortable with the new toy before we go "live". Post pictures of your cats and dogs. Go to the forum and talk about bikes. Have fun.

LOVE to you all. -A. Mortician

Friday, August 14, 2009

#320

Cache is in the rabbitbrush ^.



If you are old-school, have considered going back-to-the-land and have at least one bike that shifts, this cache may be for you.

15 comments:

  1. OK, its not all mine! Just wasn't there for me.
    Took the fixie, mistake. SOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the photos deliberately obscure to avoid you or Treker finding all my caches within mere moments of deployment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not Treker it his Mad Scott that sniff the caches out for him, where as I have to do it on my own. This one kick my butt yesterday, but oh so fun. Taking the week off of the velo trail and on the river, just wanted to get one b-4 I left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20 miles o' looking and nothing found. Skunked me! Unless Hotti is working on this, I think we are beat on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW - I looked in the hills off Reserve, back by the shooting range, up on Eagle Loop trail, up Mtn Cove Rd and back to Rocky Canynon. Nada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not today....i'm on the cruiser...but going after 284...wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm taking the Mad Scott with next time, since Spoting0 let the secret out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Treker, I have a JOB and need to show up tomorrow but I will snag this on Friday> Can I borrow Chuck for a couple hours on Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checked on young 320, which is still there. I'm surprised it's been out there so long, since it is within shouting distance of one of the DBRB (Draught edition) stops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dang it, i didn't do the ride so i wasn't there....i'm checking the manifest....

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is still time tonight for you to get there before Spoting0, Hotti. Use that flashlight you carry everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Old Chub is picking up the Mad Scott (Chuck) and sniffing this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess the Mad Scotts sniffer isn't working too well these days.

    What really pisses me off about this one is I just rode by here Tuesday to pick up wino's cache in the woods. And i wasn't on a bike that shifts that time either.
    ....and another thing, I've actually picked up a cache and hidden one in this general area....I should have recognized it sooner! Eeerrr way to make me work Lanius!

    ReplyDelete