click me!

WE HAVE ARRIVED

Well, it has happened. velocache.net is now a fully operational battle station. Prepare yourselves.

Before I digress, which I am known to do, let me start off by giving some credit and handing out some thanks. This would not have happened without you all. You know who you are. Thank you. The new site would not be in existance without Buttars, if you run into him, give him a hug and buy him a beer. HUGE thank yous to the veterans out there who have kept this afloat in times of trouble and triumph...I have personal things to say to you that will have to wait until we have a face to face.

At the pokercache party on September 19 I would really like to take a bit of all of your time and preach a little about "the game". We'll see, I will probably just get drunk and cry a lot.

SO. Go to the site. Familiarize yourself. It is different than the one we play on now but can do all of the things we do now AND MUCH MUCH MORE. You will need to create an account. It is free and always will be for players. I realize some of you have already been in and have looked around but it is time for everyone to come on board. Texting from a phone to the site works. E-mailing too. There is a great forum feature that we can all cache ourselves in as well. This site is still in beta. It is not finished so now is the time to see if we can break it.

For now, play around. Posting "real" caches is not off limits but I think it might serve us better to get really comfortable with the new toy before we go "live". Post pictures of your cats and dogs. Go to the forum and talk about bikes. Have fun.

LOVE to you all. -A. Mortician

Friday, May 29, 2009

Cache Math...

Where have all the caches gone???

    10 ORIGINAL deployment tubes (when the game was changed to deployment system)
+  7 more deployed by Wino (due to not enough caches in circulation)
+ 11 deployed by Captain Fran (the muppets)
+ 666  (found by Triton over a week ago, waiting for redeployment) 
-------------------------------------
=  29 deployment tubes!

-  1 in Spokane (probably won't see ever again)
-  1 from Jimbo (lost in the foothills)
-  2 Legitimate MIA tubes (animal and #16)
-  3 from Mal, Anonymus, and Cockey Bitch? (waiting for deployment, all found over a week ago)
-----------------------------------------
=  22 tubes...

5 are deployed right now............ WTF, am I missing something? I just wanna play!


11 comments:

  1. actually, Jimbos in the foothills was put out prior to the tube deployment and it isn't lost, I just need to go get it....but it will be mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 666 is back in circulation. After Triton, it was found and stashed again (#30) by Blackhappy (with a small delay due to moving - understandable), and then found again yesterday.

    But overall, I get your point on the small circulating population. I was wondering the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i understand with the memorial ride the movement of tubes may be subdued a little or maybe there will be more "action" over the weekend but i concur. are people holding on to tubes? are they being poached? i'll make another to replace the moscow tube for my pennance. redoployment is key.have we finally renumbered all of the tubes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaha!!!! I would like to know the same, I know plenty of eager riders who would like to play, but cannot due to lameness of the current deployment system. I think this system sucks!!! Again. I thought we just tried to fix this game so we could all get back into it. Where the fuck are all the OG riders? Not playing the game that's for sure! Ya they will still look every day, but are they as involved in the game as they used to be? NO. The Gypsies and I have once again disappeared from the scene, and we are disappointed to say we will probably not be back until the game we all fell in love with, and needed so badly makes its come back. I will continue to stay online in anticipation of some backtracking in the game, but I just wanted to voice my opinion as well. Fuck the tube's! bring back the bag's! Let who ever wants to play, Play! And if you have a tube, do what the game was made for, and get on your bike and go hide it! there are many pissed off riders waiting on YOU!!!! I miss you Velocache, where did you go???

    ReplyDelete
  5. while only doing this when i can with the personal time constraints i have, i have felt pretty good about adapting to whatever system we have made for ourselves.
    i would like to thank sorebloke and a. mortician and their families for having the patience they've had with us in trying to set something up that they love as well- putting the cycling community into some sense of unity. fielding e-mails all day. gripes amongst players and such. personal work schedules and familial responsibilities to boot.
    we've only been at this for a handful of months now and we've tried a few methods. some seem to work for others and not so well for the same in different circumstances. i think we all could stand to have a little patience and if we're not entirely interested in the way things are going now then we can help the situation come to a consensus rather than be disappointed in what is still a kickass activity and a have sense of comradere.

    thanks all for your redeployment. t.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the tubes are great. 1. Because no wasted bags and tape going into landfills. 2. If want to hide you got to find. The old way had too many caches and not enough finders, (the market was over saturated). I've been guilty a couple of times not redeployment with in a day or two, but sometimes things for all of us come up. Weekends seem to be when most are dropped and the week days seem to be the most finds. Right now there are 9 caches out, i think thats plenty, I don't know where any but the one i've dropped are at, o well, hopefully some one else does and i'll get the one they drop.
    I think its a good week if I find one and and hide one. If I get more than one...bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, the velocache guys do a great job with this and all the other fun things they put on, but they do have other lives to live so from time to time things do get lost in the shuffle. So help them out if you know you have deployed and don't see it and know it hasn't been found e-mail them or repost if you can. Also if your not sure, go take look for yourself to verify.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait a minute... My original post was in NO WAY a negation upon the incredible job the velocache group does, in fact, Thank you guys so much for a job well done! I was simply asking where all the tubes have gone,a valid logical question I think, one that Treker and Triton understood completely. I think my post was taken out of context a bit, but nonetheless, valid points were made, points I think we've all heard before. If personal time constraints are an issue in redeployment than the old cache system realistically seems like the better option. A "saturated" system would be more advantageous than an "unsaturated" one if people can't get them out but I can't imagine the behind the scenes upkeep on this whole thing (the reason it changed to begin with) so that's that. Sooo with all that said, and not meaning to beat a dead horse (cause that would be gross!) still a kickass activity that I will be participating in (when I can actually find one that isn't just a pic of water and rocks :) ) and I still have sincere comradere for everyone that plays.. drinking beer and riding bikes is what life is all about! Again Again Again so it doesn't fade into all the other words... A MORTICIAN AND GANG, THANKS FOR EVERYTHANG'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just want to know where the completed Mad Libs are, folks. I have put a lot out there and have only seen a few completed....

    ReplyDelete
  10. are you kidding me?? well if you would ever pick up one of my stashed caches, you would see!

    ReplyDelete