click me!

WE HAVE ARRIVED

Well, it has happened. velocache.net is now a fully operational battle station. Prepare yourselves.

Before I digress, which I am known to do, let me start off by giving some credit and handing out some thanks. This would not have happened without you all. You know who you are. Thank you. The new site would not be in existance without Buttars, if you run into him, give him a hug and buy him a beer. HUGE thank yous to the veterans out there who have kept this afloat in times of trouble and triumph...I have personal things to say to you that will have to wait until we have a face to face.

At the pokercache party on September 19 I would really like to take a bit of all of your time and preach a little about "the game". We'll see, I will probably just get drunk and cry a lot.

SO. Go to the site. Familiarize yourself. It is different than the one we play on now but can do all of the things we do now AND MUCH MUCH MORE. You will need to create an account. It is free and always will be for players. I realize some of you have already been in and have looked around but it is time for everyone to come on board. Texting from a phone to the site works. E-mailing too. There is a great forum feature that we can all cache ourselves in as well. This site is still in beta. It is not finished so now is the time to see if we can break it.

For now, play around. Posting "real" caches is not off limits but I think it might serve us better to get really comfortable with the new toy before we go "live". Post pictures of your cats and dogs. Go to the forum and talk about bikes. Have fun.

LOVE to you all. -A. Mortician

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

#432

Good luck with this one I was getting a little tired at this point and wanted to get rid of the extra weight. Your damn lucky I had an appointment this afternoon that is the only thing that kept me from drinking it myself!

I think this will be tough to find. These are the best pictures I have. I will post clues or re-cache it on the same trail if I have to.

Happy riding!

jimbo





44 comments:

  1. dang it, i've received report that the trails are rather wet currently. when they dry out, i will go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere between 32nd and Harrison Hollow, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking a different location.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shit, no, it's behind Ft. Boise, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be taking a snack with me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to guess it is in.... ummm Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @blackhappy, do you know that because of the way the grass is growing around that bicycle?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimbo, Did you take every picture from the exact same location? It looks like they might be from different spots and every frickin bush will look the same once I get out there. I need to make sure I know what I'm dealing with before I take on this grand adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I like to do is print one photo, very small, typically a horizon shot and paste it on the inside of ONE sunglass lens (usually my left one, I am right handed.) THEN as I move down the trail I simply wait until the two images line up with each other. VOILA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your style.....you are crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK the top picture is from the bike looking at the bush and down hill.

    In the second picture the bush is on the opposite side of the trail from the bike.

    Third is the bush actually below the trail.

    This doesn't help you at all. The taping of the middle picture to your glasses is the best bet. If it dries out enough time tommoro the bike may even be there!

    Good luck, There is a snack in the cache!Oh and a Sparks for that extra energy on the way down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome thanks! I just spoke with dave gordon (the R2R manager) they were just out maintaining that area. he said the trails are superb! I'm heading up tomorrow and think I convinced Wino to tag along! wish us luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What time are you heading out?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm heading out now should be at cache in 1.5 hrs. If it is still there I will leave a sign for ya on the trail! Good luck and have a good ride.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are leaving around 1. I'm pretty sure I know exactly where it is....and I don't want to carry out anything more than I need to! And the hunt is the whole point....but thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. and i sure hope it is still there! i'm getting tired of reaching cache locations and nothing is there....it makes me sad :-(

    ReplyDelete
  17. i just got home.....because i took a detour to drink $1 pbr after the 3.5 hour sucky ride. so we found the area where i was sure it was....looked *almost* exactly like it. seriously. but alas we rode back empty handed and tired of 3 hours of riding uphill. yep, 3 hours up; 30 minutes down. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. damn it, it is on the trail that wasn't on the map i had....we headed back down the hill right where that trail connected in....eeerrrr. maybe i will head back out tuesday.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. HEY! geocachers have their own game. This one is ours! keep those coordinates to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just a joke, the coordinates are real though go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what is this North and West coordinate you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey! that isn't the way this game should be played! this saddens me....and i will NOT be looking up the coordinates.

    ReplyDelete
  23. would you like to watch the coordinates disappear?

    ReplyDelete
  24. actually, I am going to take that post out. Regotti rode her heart out for that one. Putting up Latitude and Longitude is lame and easy. I am not getting down on you Jimbo, I like your style, Always have, always will, it's just too simple to use a GPS. Shit, I have it on my phone...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree, the hunt is part of the fun. This one is just a bit too obtuse. A subtle hint would be nice. I rode from Hulls Gulch over the Miltary Reserve link, Crestline, Shane's trail, etc. 2 1/2 hrs riding and 2 flats. I just won't do it again without somewhat of a hint.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thats cool, I think Regotti is getting real close one more long ride and she will have it.

    A subtle hint it ain't on a map yet and it is still in ada county

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oops it is on a map, not going to tell you which one though, but google earth is useless in this are as it hasn't been upated since 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  28. yeah, i found the map it is on. i hope to find some time in the next couple days to sneak up there.

    treker: you said you weren't getting out on your bike until monday....was that just a ploy to get us in your backyard??

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jimbo, that IS pretty subtle.

    Hotti - nope. just letting my legs recover and getting the tube back into play. Feel great now and ready to chase cache after work - not #432 though.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hotti, wanna take another run at it Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  31. You all can have this one. Lets get the rest of them posted people, I am getting cache sick. Its been too long since I have felt the sweet splenders of victory showering me with its GLORY. Ahhhhh.... It feels so good to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's still out there! Watchout for sheep in the hills.

    ReplyDelete
  33. 432: you are still in my thoughts. i will have you soon. perhaps you shouldn't hide so far up in the hills this early in the mt bike season my sweet. until we meet.....

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow - I'd like to be a fly on that tumbleweed when you two finally meet.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Holy fucking shit! 40 comments!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm betting that can of Sparks has seen better days...

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think I might give this one a go tomorrow morn. I already tried a couple o'weeks ago on a singlespeed and all the climbing killed my legs and I turned back in the interest of making it home before dark...

    ReplyDelete